Sponsored by the Hood Canal Coordinating Council, this environmental awards program and poster session will occur 4 Nov. 2016 (Friday), 10 am to 2 pm, at the Kitsap Conference Center at Bremerton Harborside.
Quoted from the HCCC website is the following announcement of this year’s award recipients:
- Mike Anderson, for his role in forming and coordinating the Skokomish Watershed Action Team (SWAT) and his continued support of restoration activities in the Skokomish Watershed.
- Shore Friendly Kitsap & Shore Friendly Mason for making significat gains in changing public perception about bulkheads and nearshore barriers using a variety of education and outreach techniques.
- Thom Johnson, Point No Point Treaty Council, for his many years of work supporting salmonrecovery and conservation efforts in Hood Canal.
These nominees are also recognized as Honorable Mentions:
- Roma Call, Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe
- Student Garden Project, sponsored by Barbara Bromley, 4th Grade Teacher, Clear Creek Elementary
- Kitsap Forest & Bay Coalition
- Michelle Myers, Hood Canal Salmon Enhancement Group
- Jay and Susie Allen (Tahuya River residents)”
For details, and to RSVP that you’ll be attending, go to http://hccc.wa.gov/content/hccc-environmental-award-winners-announce